Kobaloni Energy is developing the first large scale, battery grade, cobalt sulphate refinery on the African continent, targeting production of a fully traceable, low-carbon emission and high-purity cobalt sulphate crystal product for the automotive battery industry. This refinery would be one of few in the western world, to convert cobalt hydroxide into a cobalt sulphate product coveted by automotive and battery production end-users.
- Project located in Zambia
- Adding value to a critical electric vehicle battery material, in an ESG compliant manner
- Finalising engineering designs and imminently launching construction
- Leveraging established minerals processing technology
- Refinery design is modular and replicable in other jurisdictions
- Cobalt is critical to applications for the energy transition such as rechargeable batteries, particularly those used in electric vehicles, smartphones and laptops